1. Who we are.
WorldWaitWhat.Com is a website owned and operated in the UK by P 1 4 Media, (throughout this policy referred to as “WorldWaitWhat.Com”, “WorldWaitWhat”, “This website”, “the website”, or “our website”.
P 1 4 Media is a web publishing and content generation company based in the United Kingdom (throughout this policy referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”, and “the company”). We provide digital content based services globally, but are mainly subject to UK and EU laws due to our physical location. We also comply with relevant US laws and regulations when it is necessary for our company’s legal operation and access to our websites within the United States of America.
Please also read our copyright policy.
All content on this website, is either owned by P 1 4 Media, included with the permission of the copyright holder, or included and used under UK fair dealing laws. This includes but may not be limited to, written content, images, videos, logos, and site design features.
As a visitor to our website you may and may not do certain things under these terms.
2a. You may:
- Download a single copy of our website to your own personal computer for cache purposes, or for private offline viewing.
- Print single copies of webpages for personal viewing or your own private personal records.
- Use excerpts from our website for linking purposes, or for anything considered ‘fair use’ under US law or ‘fair dealing’ under UK law.
- Download and share original images and videos found on our website with our prior permission, (contact details at the bottom of these terms), and by including an appropriate credit and link to the original content or this website as we see fit.
2b. You may not:
- Download, copy or distribute any material found on this website for any business or commercial use, without our prior consent in writing.
- Include our content in any photography, filming or broadcast without our prior consent in writing.
- Alter or otherwise modify the pages of this website without prior consent in writing and only then for non commercial purposes.
- Use any content from our site without proper credit being given if consent was obtained.
- Embed or otherwise link to any content, in such a way that results in the use of the website’s bandwidth, for any reason including fair use.
3. Prohibited use of the website.
These are strictly prohibited activities when using this website. You agree not to use this website in the following ways:
- In creating a database electronically or not, and either online or not that includes material obtained from the website without our prior permission.
- To place advertising or spam on the website through comments, user generated content or otherwise.
- To use the website, it’s content or identity to promote or encourage the sale of your products or services in any way.
- To place links on the website to other external websites which contain material considered illegal under UK law.
- To place any links on the website which can take users to harmful content.
- To place links on the website to, or to attempt to spread through our website, viruses, spam, spyware, or any other form of malware.
- To use our comments or user generated content features to promote chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- To upload to the website any code, files or programs without explicit prior permission.
- To upload to the website any material which infringes upon the copyrights of third parties.
- To upload to the website, or link to any material which is threatening, obscene or otherwise offensive.
- To upload any content which infringes on the privacy of other individuals without their consent.
- To upload any content which may damage the reputation or call into question the integrity of WorldWaitWhat, P 1 4 Media, any of our websites, brands or employees.
- Attempt to circumvent any rules of entry for any competition or promotion.
- Attempt to gain access to unauthorised areas of the website for any reason.
- Use the website in a manner that could cause damage to the website or impair it’s performance or availability for other users.
- Conduct any data mining activities on or through the website and/or users, automated or otherwise, without our explicit prior permission.
- Download, exploit or otherwise use any visible data on the website, including user names, for any kind of direct marketing.
- To attempt to hack, modify or otherwise interfere with the e-commerce systems on this website. Any such attempts will be reported to UK law enforcement.
4. User generated content.
The website may allow the uploading of user generated content. If you chose to upload content to the website you do so under the following terms:
- The content you upload is free from any kind of commercial intention and does not include anything prohibited in section 3.
- You can confirm you are free to upload the content as you are the sole creator and copyright owner of the content at the time of the upload.
- By uploading content you agree to granting P 1 4 Media the right to use the content in full or part, for any purpose without limitation. Including editing, copying, reproducing, translating, removing from a website, uploading to another website, (both our own and those belonging to third parties), and using in marketing campaigns of any nature.
- You agree to hereby waive any moral rights that you may have under chapter IV of the copyright, design and patents act 1988, in respect to the content you upload. (Ie. We will not be required to identify you as the copyright holder in our use of the content).
- You agree that if the copyright of your uploaded content is called into question, we may ask for information to determine if you are the correct copyright holder and you will respond to any such query within 7 days.
- You agree that we may review, move or delete any content you upload without the need to provide reason. This includes the alteration of associated URLs, hyperlinks or meta data.
- You agree that any comments, opinions or statements you upload are yours and yours alone and do not constitute the opinions of our company.
- You understand and agree to our zero tolerance policy regarding the uploading of prohibited content as outlined in section 3, including any form of hate speech. In these cases, we reserve the right to remove your content and block you from further access to this, and any of our other websites without warning or reason being given.
5. Links to and from the website.
You may link to this website and it’s pages subject to the following conditions:
- You will not embed our content in your website, or create frames or other browser environments around our content.
- Your links will be in the form of basic hyperlinks only and will not contain any form of redirects.
- Any hyperlink text will be relevant to the content you are linking to and in no way offensive or derogatory.
- You will not imply an endorsement or commercial relationship with us unless one actually exists, or misrepresent your relationship with us in any other way.
- You will not use any logos or trademarks in your links unless with prior written permission.
- You will not link to us from any website you do not own, with the exception of social media sites. In which case you will not link to us from any profile, page or account which is not yours.
- You will not link to us if your website contains content that would be considered offensive or illegal under UK law.
Links from this website are included with the following conditions which you agree to and understand:
- All external links are for information purposes only and inclusion on our websites does not imply any kind of endorsement or promotion unless explicitly stated.
- By including links we are not, and can not, guarantee the safety of any websites owned and operated by any third party. It is your responsibility to ensure you are happy following any links and once away from our website, to ensure you are still browsing in a safe environment.
- You will provide true, accurate and current information when registering your account.
- You will maintain and update your information when necessary and if possible within self service account areas.
- You will not share or otherwise divulge your allocated or chosen user name and password and will ensure it is kept secure at all times.
- You will not create multiple or duplicate user accounts.
- You will inform us as soon as possible if you suspect your login details have been compromised or there has been unauthorised access to your account.
- You will log out of your account after each session.
- You agree that P 1 4 Media is not liable and can not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or costs due to a failure to comply with these terms.
7. General disclaimers.
- This website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and without warranty of any kind. We do not accept liability arising from any interruptions in availability, errors, or delays whilst using our websites.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to the website without notice in the case of system failures, or for maintenance, repair or any other reason we see fit.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure all content and materials we publish are accurate and complete, all published materials are provided for general information purposes only. No published material should be taken as personal advice or recommendation. We do not accept liability for any loss or penalty resulting from the use of material on our websites. Published content should not be used to make any investment, business or personal decisions and you acknowledge professional advice should be obtained before making such decisions.
- The content and information on this website, whether provided by third parties or internal staff members, does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of P 1 4 Media, our brands or associated businesses.
- You accept and understand that some content may have been generated or uploaded by third parties, and the accuracy of such content may not have been checked. We accept no liability for any inaccuracy or omission in information provided on the website or published materials.
- We use all reasonable methods to protect our content and users from viruses or other malicious content. However, you agree that you are yourself responsibly for checking all materials and content you may have contact with on our websites. For instance, by the proper use of anti virus software. We do not accept liability, to the fullest extent permitted under English law, for any damage caused by viruses or other malicious code originating from this website.
- P 1 4 Media will not be liable for any damages or loss resulting from any contract entered into, arising from, or facilitated through the use of any of our websites or published materials.
- This website may contain advertising and promotional material automatically generated by third party providers. P 1 4 Media does not accept liability for the content or nature of such advertising and any complaints regarding such content should be directed to the supplying advertising agency.
- If we feel you have violated any of the terms set out in this policy, we reserve the right to cancel, suspend or block your access from this and all other websites owned and operated by us at any time and without notice.
- We reserve the right to cancel your entry into any competition, or to cancel any purchase order, without refund or compensation being due, if we feel you have violated any of the terms in this policy.
8. User Indemnity.
Without prejudice to the provisions in clause 7.9, as a user of our website, you agree to compensate P 1 4 Media in respect of any loss, damage, claims, expenses, and/or liabilities including legal fees, which arise from the malicious or careless use of this website, it’s content, materials or properties. Including but limited to the breach of any of the above clauses.
9. Limitation of Liability.
P 1 4 Media will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by P 1 4 Media, our employees or contractors under the following conditions:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by P 1 4 Media, our employees or contractors.
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach.
- Any increase in loss or damage resulting from your own actions before or after the breach.
11. Variation of terms.
P 1 4 Media reserve the right to update, edit or alter these terms as and when we see fit for the further protection of our business, customers and users. Such variations become effective immediately upon posting and by continuing to use and access our websites you agree to abide by any updated terms. We would therefore advise you check these terms for any updates on a regular basis and cease the use of our website should you disagree with any uploaded variation.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any dispute arising from the use of our website or these terms shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If required, P 1 4 Media may elect to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of a user’s residence or place of business.
- These terms, in conjunction with our privacy and cookie policies, form an entire agreement between us as a service provider and you as a user. The headings in these terms are for convenience only and serve no legal purpose.
- There shall be no time limit on our rights to enforce the content of these terms.
- Any waiver of our rights to enforce these terms, shall in no way prejudice the enforcement of any further breach.
- No rights reserved by P 1 4 Media either within these terms or under English law shall be exclusive of any other right. The rights and powers of remedy laid out in these terms and English law shall be cumulative.
- You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations, as laid out in these terms, to any other person for any reason.
- If any clause or term within this policy is found to be invalid, the invalidity of that clause will in no way affect the validity of the remaining clauses or provisions.
- Nothing in these terms shall attempt to exclude P 1 4 Media, our employees or contractors from liability for anything that cannot, as a matter of English law, be excluded.
Updated 9th March 2019.